Selborne Parish Council – Parish Priority Statement – HAVE YOUR SAY
The South Downs National Park Authority is currently undertaking a review of its Local Plan – this is the Park’s own document which sets out the planning and regulatory framework for all future development in the area. All parish councils have been asked to submit a summary of their local community’s needs and prevailing views, looking ahead some 15 years, with a vision of informing and influencing the Local Plan. This summary is being called a Parish Priority Statement (PPS).
The PPS will include ideas and suggestions for a wide range of subject headings including the development and management of land, homes, and the natural environment, amongst others.
Selborne Parish Council has been tasked with putting this statement together – but we can’t do it without your help and that of each person (young and old) living, working and visiting in the Parish. The key to this is finding out what your vision, needs and suggestions are. So please tell us by filling in the survey form – either in full or just the parts you are particularly interested in. Forms are widely available in the Parish.
- Access the survey form via the Selborne and Oakhanger villages Facebook links to the Parish Council website. Complete and return the form to the Parish Clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or one of the Councillors below.
- OR look out for the house-to-house leaflet drop; we shall get to as many of you in the next week as we can!
- OR pick up a hard copy of the form (and extra forms if needed for other members of your household!) at The Selborne Arms PH, the Wakes/Whites Cafe, The Hanger PH, Oakhanger Village Hall or St Matthew’s Church, Blackmoor and then complete and return – there will also be collection points in some of these locations (PPS labelled boxes/the letter box on Oakhanger Village Hall).
Forms can also be returned to:-
- Cllr Sam Heaselgrave, Lassams, High St, Selborne (email@example.com)
- Cllr Carol McMeekan, The Rowans, Oakhanger Road, Oakhanger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cllr Wendy Megeney, Sotherington Farm Cottage, Sotherington Lane, Selborne (email@example.com)
There will be an Open Day in Selborne Village Hall from 11am until 4pm on Saturday 19th August and in Oakhanger Village Hall from 4pm until 7pm on Sunday 20th August where you can ask for more information on the PPS and the survey form.
Please return your forms by 6pm on Friday 8th September – it’s not long to go, so please start soon!
Our aim is to put a draft together based on as much information as we can gather from every person living, working, or visiting in the Parish. We will then publish this draft and invite your comments. There will be public open meetings where you can discuss and provide your comments on the draft PPS on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd October. Check also the Parish Council meeting on Wednesday 18th October.
The final version of our PPS will then be decided upon at a Parish Council meeting on 22nd November, ready for submission to the South Down National Park Authority by 30th November 2023.
The survey can be downloaded below.