SELBORNE PARISH COUNCIL TRAFFIC CALMING CONSULTATION
Following the report from Hamilton Baillie Associates, Selborne Parish Council has been working closely with Hampshire County Council on the next steps. As a result, HCC commissioned Atkins to give their comments on the report and any suggestions.
You have before you now the result of that commission and the Parish Council welcomes your views.
It is important to say that:
· These schemes will not resolve all the traffic problems in the parish, but they are a good start and are the only options on the table at present
· The proposals are not set in stone
· The proposals are drawn up by Atkins and as such the schemes are assumed to be feasible and acceptable to HCC
· No money has yet been identified for any of the proposals
· Money from the Bordon development would be a key source of funding which will become available soon and we need to be ready to press for it
· Unless Selborne Parish Council has support from the community it cannot press for any proposals to be delivered at all
Selborne Parish Council accepted the Atkins report at its meeting in July 2016.
Selborne Parish Council would like to thank all residents for their very helpful responses on the village traffic calming proposals . The time for response is now closed. Questionnaires and all the comments are now being analysed
At the Parish Council meeting of the 13 August 2014 the Council adopted the formal traffic report prepared by Hamilton-Baillie Associates. Copies of the report are available from the Clerk.
Click here to view the final traffic report in low resolution (5.2mb).
To view the Poynton Regenerated film on You Tube click here
Please see the News & Events page for details of the Hampshire Country Council Draft Freight Strategy questionnaire for Whitehill & Bordon running until the 20th December.
Selborne Parish Council has commissioned Hamilton-Baillie Associates to undertake a study on the traffic in the Parish with the aim of making suggestions for improved traffic management.
The Parish Council held a meeting on 2nd July 2013 for members of the public in the Parish to hear ideas from Ben Hamilton-Baillie and voice their own concerns regarding traffic in the Parish. For details please follow the link;
Please click here for notes from the meeting held on the 2nd July.
Please click here for the August progress report on the project.
Please click here for the October progress report on the project.